Monday, August 30, 2010

Phonetic Alphabet Book by Cheryl Paton, Introduction

When I was a literacy tutor for adults, I wanted to know what the rules were so that I could better answer my students' questions, such as, "Does a certain pattern always apply? If not, when doesn’t it." I found that as my students were learning more and more, that these were the kinds of questions that they wanted to know the answer to.

I found bits and pieces of information here and there, but nothing all in one place. So I decided to write The Phonetic Alphabet Book. I later decided on The Phonics Guide: A guide to reading and spelling patterns, as the title. The link will take you to Amazon where it can be purchased.



This book is set up alphabetically, giving many rules and common letter combinations for all the letters of the English alphabet.

For continuity and ease of location, when I am talking about a particular letter or combination of letters, I will use their capitals. When a letter is enclosed by the back slash marks, /B/, then that represents the sound of the letter and not its letter name.

Cheryl Paton

Cheryl Paton receives income from qualifying purchases made through links on this page.

No comments:

Post a Comment